Translate

Sunday 14 December 2008

Extraordinary, Remarkable and Astonishing

Well, it must have been there all the time because I didn't put it there. It must be fate. What am I on about? And I quote.

"How to grow your audience with Following

The Followers widget is a great tool to help you grow your blog's audience. Readers often visit a blog and enjoy it but fail to return. With the followers widget you can get all readers to return and become a fan. We highly recommend that you write a post about your followers widget and encourage all readers to become a follower. Additionally you should put your followers widget at the top of your sidebar so more readers will notice it. Many readers ignore sidebar items so by writing a post about your followers widget and moving the widget to the top of your sidebar, you will inevitably grow your audience."

By the way, song number 5 in my 24 Pretty good songs for Christmas is that song advertising the Co-op on the adverts at the moment. Does anybody know what it's called?

Song 6 - Another Day That Time Forgot - Neil Diamond and Natalie Mains. Here it is and I will only respond to mocking if you've heard it all the way through.

I'm going to make a concerted effort to use more blogger speak on my new blog in an effort to attract more people and with that in mind I've been listening to the extraordinary On The Hour broadcasts with Chris Morris and Steve Coogan amongst others. Chris (and Steve for that matter were also in the remarkable "The Day Today" and the astonishing (really) Brass Eye Paedophile Special . I might check them out.



5 comments:

  1. Is the Co-Op song 'Warm this winter' by the dreadful Gabrielle Cilmi?
    http://www.whatsthattune.co.uk/watchadvert.asp?id=2062

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is Gabrielle Cilmi? She's dreadful is she? You know, it just goes to show that sometimes we (me anyway) can be blinkered once we know who the artist is. It sounds like one of those great Tamla Motown Northern Soul compilation album tracks. I heard it for the first time 2 or 3 nights ago. I think it's great. I'll put the link on tomorrow. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's just gone up in my estimation as we share a birthday (although she is 30 years younger than me) and she is from Dandenong (who were always my favourite Aussie team on the pools). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriella_Cilmi

    ReplyDelete
  4. and the version by Connie Francis is much better as well (I'm gonna be warm this winter)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right.., Connie Francis. She had a few good songs. Particularly Lipstick On Your Collar later covererd (methinks memorably) by Aussie punk/R&B rockers, The Saints. Yeah I saw the Wikipedia and noted her musical likes. Spookily took close for comfort to the music that links you and I don't you think?

    ReplyDelete