Translate

Wednesday 24 December 2008

At this time of goodwill to all spare a thought for the employees of Woolworths, MFI, Zaavi, Whittard of Chelsea (whoever they are) and if the rumours are right Dixons, Currys and PC World. Where will it all end? Is anybody still bored by the credit crunch? At what point will it start to bother you?

I was genuinely gutted about Woolies, nostalgia and all that. Zaavi going down is a bit different. I mainly buy my DVDs and CDs on line but Zaavi is one less choice and as far as buying on the high street is concerned there isn't much choice left.

Went to the pub today with 2 very good friends, Sylvia and Les, chewing the fat for a couple of hours. As three public service employees we could afford to relax. We talked about the "credit crunch" amongst other things, about the companies going under and I asked "at what point do you become bothered?"

As I said, I'm bothered now. If Debenhams goes down Sylvia said she'll be bothered. Me too for that matter, I buy all my clothes there. I do not have an alternative plan. But what if Morrisons goes down and then Asda and then Tesco? Will you be bothered then? We'll all be pretty much fucked. I'm not sure there's much alternative, all our eggs are pretty much in the same basket.

Don't be stupid it won't happen to multi-nationals! Why not? It seems to me they are as susceptible to the global credit crunch as me.

I'm no intellectual, I have no idea why but it seems to me that the so called experts have no idea either why either.

Is it all down to the banks? I don't know but as a betting man I'll bet 5 quid it is. Still bored by the credit crunch? Put your brain in gear eh?

Peace to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment