Translate

Sunday 14 December 2008

Sunday Morning


I'm still full of cold. Thought a sleep in would help but if anything I'm worse than ever. I was supposed to go on a 12 mile walk today from Cold Moor, Osmotherley. Would have been great if I'd been fit and well but it was the right choice.

Still doesn't feel quite right away from my spiritual home and it feels a bit odd writing to an audience of zero (ha ha anybody would think I was used to selling out the Albert Hall) but my unconditional followers will soon be here.

I spent the morning watching the England vs India test match. England were in a superb position as I sat down to watch the last session of the fourth day. They set India a seemingly impossible 387 (the highest last innings winning test score ever is 276) to win but by the end of play they only require another 256 with 9 wickets left. I'd wouldn't normally bet against Yorkshireman, Sachin Tedulkar pictured above (my first upload, I thank you ), but I'd never bet against cricket history.
I think I've said this before but I can't really get too nationalistic about cricket (vs Australia aside) and Tendulkar is my favourite player so if India win and Tendulkar scores a shed load I'll love it for that and for the cricket history.





No comments:

Post a Comment