Translate

Thursday 5 September 2013

Can't believe a week has passed since I arrived at EOTR.

This time last week I was probably experiencing the thrills of  Californian heavy blues duo Deap Vally (think I previously mis-spelt their name - apologies go out to DV). They warned the audience it was going to be loud (unusual) and it was.  The warm-up night audience generously lapped it up and unlike Dinosaur Jr who were similarly loud/heavy on the final night (more later) there wasn't a melody in sight.  That's no good for me in 2013.  In truth it never has been.


As I said last week there 5 bands on the night all from the Communion record label/promotions roster including soon to be Boro faves Catfish and the Bottlemen.  The singer, Van McCann (I'm not buying that's real) is a genuine hoot and a half as well so Teesside people join me at The Westgarth on 8 October.

  
Overall I counted up that I saw 50 bands/artists over the 4 days and much of it very good or better and over the next few days I will share some of my thoughts with you. You may also want to have a look over here  for another point of view of the festival.

1 comment:

  1. I like that. Thanks for the link too.
    My computer is now a happy bunny again and so I'm working on things again.

    Here's a link I just saw.
    http://sabotagetimes.com/music/independent-record-shops-10-to-visit-before-you-die/

    As it features Frome's very own 'Raves From The Grave' (and its two newer satellites) I couldn't resist a bit of partisanship.

    ReplyDelete