Translate

Saturday 8 January 2022

The Posts Keep on Coming - From the banal to .....

I haven't told anybody I'm posting again, I prefer a slow burn but it appears 4 people are now reading my blog. I'm quite happy with that. Mind, I'm pretty sure I could get it up to about 10 or so if I told my 80 odd (rough guess) Facebook friends. It's been pretty mundane stuff so far.  I don't have much inspiration in truth and even the mechanics of writing out seems such a slog.


We'll see how it goes. It goes without saying I'll keep posting until I get sick, that's stating the obvious but I've decided that I'm going to call it a day if I don't post 50 times this year. A tall order I'm sure you will agree.


It's been a good day I guess. Boro beat Mansfield 3-2, I watched the second half. It was mostly excruciating to watch us struggle against a team 2 divisions below but despite what I said last night I was thrilled with our injury time winning goal and all happy Newcastle got beat by Cambridge at home.  I'm not even sure what division Cambridge are in but I know it's low.


Real life friends will know my general indifference to any team other than Boro. I normally cannot muster up the energy to either like or dislike them but there's something extremely unpalatable if not sickening about the Saudi Arabian Newcastle United takeover. Apparently they're now the world's richest club and as far as I can their supporters give two fucks about the Saudi Arabia's human rights violations.

I actually feel sorry for their supporters. Imagine supporting a team ran and financed by such a disgusting barbaric regime?  


I could go on but think I'll leave it there with that one for now.


Been hanging around 93 C most of the day. Went on a 6 1/2 mile walk with my pal Ian as planned.  It drizzled on and off most of the way round but it wasn't intolerable. We managed to talk daft non-stop for about 3 hours including coffee and cake round my house afterwards. After lunch and a pluck or two on my guitar I went to pick up some on line shopping for Shamila and went to the gym for an 800m swim.  

Back for tea, home-made chicken curry. Don't worry I haven't taken a photo.  Not that there's anything wrong in photographing your tea. And now listening to my ongoing Spotify playlist.


Bop bop bop.


Goodnight all.


No comments:

Post a Comment