Translate

Monday 3 January 2022

Alas, I'm back to work tomorrow. Always a bummer but especially so after Christmas/New Year. In fairness it's probably been my longest Christmas break since my last year at school/college.  I broke up on 21 December and due to the way the calendar fell I didn't have to take any time off.  Mind, it also helped that since 1 November 2021 I only work Monday and Tuesday so a further bonus is that after tomorrow I'm off again until next Monday (10 January). So 1 working day in 21 days. Just.... so great, I'm sat here smiling at the thought.

Cutting down to 2 days work a week doesn't feel a huge leap to be honest. Working 5 days a week was a drag from the age of 5 but I stopped working Fridays nearly 12 years ago. It wasn't that I particularly disliked school/work but when push came to shove even the best things about being at work weren't as good all but the very worst things when I was off. 

In fairness I expected to retire completely on my 60th birthday when my modest works pension kicked in but I was unexpectedly given the chance to cut my working week to 2 days (Monday and Tuesday) and still receive for the same pay plus pension as pay I was previously receiving. Sweet as a nut I guess...

The extra money is welcome but I never foresaw things panning out this way. I'm pretty sure I can manage financially and I can leave at pretty short notice when I've had enough. In any case the furthest I can realistically stay on till is March 2023 when they're closing my office. 

Just done quick calc. After holidays I think I've got about 105 days left.  Not much really.

Here's to good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment