Translate

Tuesday 17 September 2013

A Blast From the Past

Posted on Facebook tonight.  I've re-posted on my wall and here so two for the price of one.



My handwritten scrawled review of (The Teesside) Discharge's concert at The Teessider from me and Richard Sanderson's (too many links - just Google him) Print-Out fanzine from 1979.  Obviously you had to be there.

Also, not only from the pre-digital age but also Tippex hadn't even been invented, or at least found it's way to Middlesbrough!


Cheers John.

Geoff

2 comments:

  1. I think we must have been writing at almost exactly the same time.
    I'll read it properly later --- off to bed now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took some effort to publish a fanzine 34 years ago. Me and an old friend decided to do one with the ambitious plan to publish a new edition every 2 weeks. It was a sheet of A4 folded over so 4 pages. We had a typewriter which we used to fight over. The person who didn't have the typewriter had to write long hand. He was better at arguing and I was the better fighter but we wrote the fanzine at his house and it was his typewriter so my fighting skill was wasted. Only joking.

    We used to photocopy our fanzine on his works photocopier and photocopying in those days was probably the equivalent of 3D printing now (seriously) and sadly after 4 editions his employer sussed and our fanzine was no more.

    I might write that out more completely for blog before I forget it.

















    ReplyDelete