Translate

Sunday 6 October 2013

It's Sat'day Night In'it.............

and as Johnny Moped said "we should be out pogoing and fighting and fings!"

I've quoted that a few times over the years and usually when I've been going out on a Saturday night to pogo or to fight or both.

Was supposed to be going out tonight actually to the Rock Your Mind shindig at The Westgarth but I cried off to do ........... well not much really.

Shamila's gone out so I'm at home trying to make a night of it.  I've had some food and half a bottle of wine and I'm now having  a drink.  I got 3 bottles of different East Eoropeon speciality largers for £5 from Morrison's.  Jeez.. rocket fuel!  Actually probably more to do with my near teetotal lifestyle nowadays.

Needless to say the blog has fallen into disrepute not for the first time (sounds like a great song).  I'm still going for a 100 posts before Christmas (and I intend to a cheat a bit so I'm still hopeful) so there's still a chance it might be a golden year.   Cheers to people still taking the trouble to tune in by the way.

In the middle of top playlist,

Done

The Highway - Holly Williams (currently my number 2 country babe)
The Great Despair - Joe Pug (as recommended by Steve Earle)
 Juno - Original Soundtrack (just picked at random)
From Here to Eternity - The Clash (London R & B band)

Now

World Routes on the Road - BBC Radio 3 compilation (world music weirdness but some great foot tappers)

To come

Ovo - Peter Gabriel (world music god)
Nothing is Wrong - (Current faves) Dawes (I was wrong about The Eagles)
(My current best album ever) Red Devil Dawn - Crooked Fingers

It's going to be a late night!




No comments:

Post a Comment