Translate

Monday 7 October 2013

Old news now but still need to say few things about EOTR 2013.

I had a strategy before I set off that went totally out of the window when I got there.  I saw most of what I wanted to see and there's no point fretting when half a dozen people tell you that you've just missed the most amazing show on the secret stage.  You win some, you lose some and I actually caught a couple of secret shows this year.

There won't be many charge around the stages like me (with the exception of my pal Richard) but I still managed to faff it a bit.  By all accounts Anna Von Hausswolff was great (not sure where I was) and quite a few said John Murry was the best thing on all week-end (good that Dinosaur Jr were, what was I doing?).

A few years ago I left The Walkmen's set to watch Beirut and then left Beirut to see The Fall.  Since then I went to see Beirut to play a beautiful set in Leeds and at EOTR I saw every second of The Walkmen.   They are on the rocky edge of Americana and Hamilton Leithauser's voice is as clear and tuneful as an angel.  Their set on Sunday night on The Garden Stage will stay in my memory until at least Christmas.


David Byrne and Saint Vincent with large entourage were quite a spectacle as well. 
The show was wonderfully choreographed and artistic but the quality of the sound was a little too perfect for my suspicious mind. 


And what a head of hair?  As The Who song nearly goes "I hope I go grey before I go bald"

2 comments:

  1. And you've still got plenty of hair. Sadly I'm going grey and bald.

    ReplyDelete