Translate

Monday 4 June 2012

Back From The Brink!

Mmmm. a new look for blogger.  Of course that will only mean something to people in the biz.  As ever there's I always feel quite liberated posting after a break because I know there will be next to nobody reading it.  It'll pick up though and if I can string half a dozen posts together there might be well... half a dozen people tuning in.

I've got no excuse though.  I broke up from work for my jubilee celebrations last WWednesday and I don't go back until 12 June.  I'm travelling down to Sheffield on Thursday en route to No Direction Home on Friday so I'll see if I can string a few posts together before then.  I can't help feeling it's another one of those now or never moments.

I did mean to post last week-end.  I was at TKASG at The Westgarth on Friday 25 May for a typically solid if uninspiring show made up The Fossil Collective, The Daydream ClubLilliput and By Toutatis (links 'cos' I can) and then went to an much better show on Sunday at Liberty's by  punk/folk/country cross-over  Larry and His Flask from Oregon USA.  It was the sort of thing that wouldn't be out of place at TKASG actually but sadly as ever me and Gary W aside not a card carrying member of TKASG core audience was anywhere to be seen and vice versa actually.  Saw quite a few people I've seen at the Joint Effort shows but you never see them at The Westgarth.  The promoters must despair.  No doubt people will meekly cry "school night blah blah blah..." but quite frankly the Boro gets the culture (lack of much) it deserves.

The reason I meant to post last week was because I thought it would be a good idea to re-launch my blog with a couple of Eurovision guilty pleasures.  Did anybody see the show by the way?

I know I'm leaving myself open to ridicule here but as far as I'm concerned it still is the Champions League of Music and forget all the stuff about politics the best song usually wins and the worst comes last.  Poor old Engelbert never had a prayer with such a pathetic song.  Not my thing but I could see why Sweden won.  I liked Serbia (came third) and if anybody had a right to complain about the voting it was Romania who didn't finish much higher than the UK.

I know Eurovision is not everybody's cup of tea but it was more relevant to me than Chelsea v Bayern Munich any day of the week.  Only joking!  Or am I?

Alas it's too late to post my couplet of guilty pleasures on FaceSitter where everything has to be cutting edge but at GFTB we're not so stuffy so here they are.

Cheers







 

1 comment:

  1. I thought serbia's tune was good as well Geoff,and i also liked France's song as well.
    Nice to see your back by the way and hope your well.

    ReplyDelete