Translate

Wednesday 6 June 2012

And another thing....

Queenie "I am deeply humbled"

Murdoch "The most humble day of my life"

I'm no expert in English but I don't think a day can be humble can it?  So that's what they must mean about the Queen's English?

Queenie - Cheers I am exceedingly humbled that you care so much. 
That's ok English isn't it? I bloody knew they weren't wrong when they awarded me that CSE English certificate.

Alternatively it's likely just as much bullshit as Murdoch's obvious insincerity.





3 comments:

  1. I like that a great deal and, as you might have noticed I have gathered that you are back blogging and I like that
    I really must do more but I'm certainly listening to and reading about music with a vengeance. That is not to mention somehow ending up discussing the fâte of 'Binns' and 'Doggarts' department stores... See you at NDH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a listen to NDH playlist. Sounds like plenty of good stuff on. Sorting those discs I promised you a long time ago as we speak. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with you Geoff. I think it should be "The most humbling day of my life"
    Have a great time at the festival
    Ian

    ReplyDelete