Translate

Monday 4 June 2012

No Direction Home

 Yeah... it's been a sparse year musically.  It was probably a bit much to expect the highs of the last few years to continue but Larry and the Flask (as mentioned last night) and The Imagineers at Stockton Calling (I implore you to check the link) aside rock'n'roll (in the broadest sense) has left me cold.

I've been trying to keep up with my old friend Richard's Linear Obsessional recordings (not rock'n'roll in any sense) and I particularly recommend South Gare by Chris Whitehead (well I would wouldn't I) and Music For Barges by The Original Beekeepers and I enjoyed a modern classical show at The Sage (can only purposely mis-quote Billy Joel again - "it's all rock'n'roll to me").

Hopefully Things will improve next weekend at No Direction Home.  I've been tuning into a Spotify playlist (sorry don't know how to link) and have very high hopes.  Aside of the the live music they're also showing Sound it Out with a Q&A with director/producer Jeanie Finlay and although not advertised I have heard fry reliable source that they are showing Charlie Chaplin's, Modern Times  with a live soundtrack from GFTB faves, Woodpigeon and friends.

Here's hoping for a dry weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment