Translate

Tuesday 15 August 2017

Day 5 - Walking, Eating and The Boro

I had a bit of a play about with the design of my Blog.  I really wish I could get it to line up the photos a bit better, collage like or something. It looks crap. I took all the stuff from the sidebars (tech term which means down the sides).  It was all old stuff and I can't be bother to maintain it.  I know it's far from great.  I might have another go later.

So what have I been up to today?  Once again, I am able to report, plenty.

Me and Sham decided to do a walk I'd pulled out of the Gazette a few moths ago by long standing correspondent Bob Woodhouse.  It was described as "Raisdale Circular, a 6 1/2 miles from Lordstones out and around Cringle and West Bilsdale moors".  I can only describe it as an enjoyable slog.  The instructions were vague to say the least but we were still on track  4/5 of the way round until we finally had to admit to defeat after failing to find a supposed gap in a wall either at the top or bottom of Wath Hill and just trudged back along Raisdale Road just over a mile back to Lordstones.  Can't speak for Shamila but I was knackered and a bit dispirited to be honest.

Here are a couple of photos.




I guess you win some you lose some and under normal circumstances that would have been it.  It's a bit of a trek to get over to Carlton from Billingham but what the hell, over a beauty lunch at the Blacksmith's Arms at Carlton we decided to go over again tomorrow to try and work it out.

And the Boro tonight?  An uninspiring 2-0 against sure to end up bottom of the table,  Burton Albion.  Not great but 3 points and up to 4th in the table.  It's very early in the season but better to be 4th in the table than 24th.


More adventures in Carlton tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment