Translate

Friday 11 August 2017

Day 1

So the first day of my home holiday is over.  Well just my normal day off from work but it's ok to count it as the first day as it makes it up to a nice round 10 days isn't it?  Actually one of the benefits of being part-time is that I get more holidays (at least in my mind) .  I haven't worked Friday's now for over 7 years and it still sometimes feels like I'm nicking off on a Friday.  The pay I lose for cutting a day is negligible, a benefit of being so poorly paid I like to think.  Shh.., don't tell anybody, they'll all want to do it.

You might have noticed I haven't been posting much for .... well a long time now.  Enough to be able to tell people "I write a blog" mind, not that I ever do. I haven't even got an excuse.  I've still got plenty to say but I've been doing other stuff.  Y'know, the gym, walking, reading the news, reading a few books, listening to music, watching TV box sets, currently Ozark (it's pretty good but I've just found out how the series ends from some unknown person on Facebook - bummer) blah blah blah.  All pretty mundane stuff but it keeps me occupied.  I'm not moaning (well I am a bit) but I'm still searching (nod to Kevin Rowland).  Do you know what I mean?  And I wouldn't have it any other way unless I actually find "it".

Anyway, regular readers (ha ha, sure everybody's given up by now) will recognise the pattern. Me babbling on hoping some inspiration will appear out of thin air. It might but if it doesn't I'm content rambling on autobiographical stylee for me to read back to myself when I'm too old to do anything else.  It will remind me what a fun loving guy I used to be.

Anyway, so what have I done today?  Well actually plenty.  As well as watch an episode of Ozark,  I read all the newspapers on and off all day, I went to the gym, cut my lawns, fixed my hedge trimmers (I cut through the cable last time I used them), cut my privet and listened to over 3 hours of random play music on my ipod (who said I couldn't multi-task?) all before picking Shamila up from work at 4.30 pm.  Phew!

So, time to say goodnight.


Just for a bit of filler







No comments:

Post a Comment