Translate

Thursday 1 December 2011

So what's the word then?  I'm back after taking November off to grow a moustache.


I admit it's not pretty but it was in aid of a good cause.  Don't worry I'm not hankering after any sponsor money or anything.  It was all done through work and as you all know I don't mix business with pleasure.

Been up to loads actually.  Keswick, Bilbao.  Curtis Eller, Billy Bragg, Siskiyou, King Creosote, Chapman Family and yesterday I was on strike.

Totally depressing times in the real world though eh?   Polly Toynbee calls it "class war, generation war, war against women, war between the regions".  I haven't got much to add as the Tories divide and conquer machine moves into overdrive.  

I could go on but for once but I'm not going to nor am I for the forseeable future.  Fuck it, until further notice it's going to be fun fun fun all the way!

Here's a few photos I've taken over the last week.

   



2 comments:

  1. Nice pic of the Transporter.

    I remember I was taken across as a boy once and there was a cafe near there which in the back had a sloping divider on the tables and around the walls so customers could prop up their paper while eating their bacon roll or savoury - not sure if it was Joe or your Dad who took me there. Outside it at the front you could just see the top of some cooling towers - I wonder if any of it is there now.

    Anyway, whenever I see a photo of the bridge it reminds me of that day and going across.

    Steve S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Steve. It will probably have been Joe. Most of the industry is still there.

    Strangely enough, went over to the Haverton Hill side yesterday and there is still an odd looking cafe there.

    Not sure about the Middlesbrough side.

    ReplyDelete