Translate

Friday 23 December 2011

Shopping done and if I've forgotten anything I'll have to do without because I'm not going out to the shops again ever! I'll certainly be keeping well clear tomorrow - Shamila and I are going out for our 50th and almost certainly final walk of the year. We'll have a look at the weather before we decide where. 

Had a few offers for Christmas Day but I've decided to have a bah humbug Christmas on my own. Only joking, about the bah humbug bit anyway .  I’ll be dropping Shamila at her parents around  noon before heading off home.  I’ve arranged to meet up with one of my neighbours, Mark (not to be confused with Marks G and H) at 12.30 to go to The Eagle for a couple of pints.  The Eagle was of course my Dad’s second home so I’ll have a spiritual drink with him as well.   

For Christmas lunch I’ve bought a nice piece of fillet steak which I’ll cook as rare as I dare.  I’m going to have it with a  potato bake (courtesy of Shamila), mushrooms, peas and sweetcorn washed down with a bottle of Gran Reserva.   

After an afternoon kip I’m going to entertain myself with an 89 song iPod playlist (concept copyright owned by Gary R) and then maybe a film.   

Don’t be feeling sorry for me, I’m expecting it to be personal heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment