Translate

Tuesday 6 September 2011

EOTR 1

Wow, that was something special.  Early thoughts are that it was easily the best of my 3 EOTR's.  As ever, wonderful setting, great weather, good food and lots of memorable music.  Over the next few posts I'll post some some words and photos to describe my time there. 

I was pretty well organised before I went and gave pretty much everybody a spin before I went and didn't miss much that I planned to see but inevitably there are always regrets about bands you should/could have seen but when I considered what I missed and why I don't think I did too bad.
And then there were the artists I wished I'd seen a bit more of - The Walkmen - They were one of my naps but I left their set half way through.   I should have either stayed or not gone at all because going to watch them meant I only got to see a couple of songs by She Keeps Bees.

Inexplicably I left the Joanna Newsom show after about  4 songs. In my defence I was cold, wet, too far back to get a decent view and on my 4th night at the festival I didn't have enough energy left to fight my way to the front. 

Don't be feeling too sorry for me mind because I've already bought tickets for next year (yes plural- Shamila's coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and you wusses that aren't up for the 650 mile round trip to Larmer Tree Gardens are welcome to join me and Robin Hood at the new No Direction Home Festival, 8, 9 and 10 June 2012.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like we are blogging in real time here, which is all good! I have just put up a picture of Timber Timbre along with one of Austra. Much more to come...
    I got me tickets too, for both NDH and EOTR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I quite fancy that No Direction Home thing. Unless the Linthorpe Festival clashes with it, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nobody will go to NDH if it clashes with Linthorpe!

    ReplyDelete