Translate

Monday 6 June 2011

Intro Part 1

Over the years I've been posting there have been relatively long periods when I've gone AWOL, at least in Blogland.   During those absences although not posting usually eats away at me I get lazy and it's difficult to get going again.  Then something happens that I want to write about or I think I should write about.  It could be an event or just something I want to say about something and at that point  I think unless  I do the post I might as well pack in.  And I'm at that point again and back at blogger.

It was interesting when I was playing about last week to read one of my last posts in which I'd been to Music Live 2009 and I wrote myself a list of 4 lessons for 2010.  Not sure why I bothered, I never checked it last year but as I stumbled across the list this year I took my advice and packed myself up, got an official programme and took no notice of the "pundits" tips in the Gazette.  It would have been rude not to drink all day.  The festival has changed it's name but it's still Music Live and it just wouldn't have been the same without a drink in my hand (all day).  Various people joined me over the day and  I had a great time.

According to The Gazette their were only about 7000 people their as opposed to 60000 last year which was mainly down to them charging (£15) for the first time.  It seemed mainly full enough to me apart from the Worldfest stage which was embarrassingly sparse for the wonderful Kasai Masai.

Highlights for me were local indie folksters Cattle and Cain who are destined for greater things,
Julia Kent from Antony & The Johnsons who wooed the Central audience with her beautiful haunting cello loops
and dare I admit it, local indie band, the intense Chapman Familywho I enjoy more and more every time I see them.  People say they're like The Editors.  Has anybody heard The Editors?  I haven't but as The Chapman Family I'll side with them every day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment