Translate

Saturday 21 March 2020

Day 1 part 2

Definitely felt a bit weird today.  There were about 10 people stood outside the pharmacy as I parked up to pick up my 4 weeks supply of tablets.  When I got closer I read the sign in the window "3 customers only at any one time".  Fortunately only 2 of the 10 were waiting in the queue.

As I entered the shop I got a view of the pharmacist with a mask over his mouth.  For some reason his assistant didn’t.  I really hope it wasn’t because of a shortage of masks.  I received my tablets and exited and sighed with relief. 

Quite rightly lots of talk about heroic staff in NHS but lots of heroes also elsewhere.  I’ll start with shout for chemist staff, shop workers generally, post workers, carers, bus drivers, logistic staff, (all) cleaners.  Lots there and sure will be more.

After that we drove over to Coulby Newham Farm (of course closed) for an 8 mile walk through Fairy Dell, along Marton West Beck through Marton to Nunthorpe Village and back over the fields via Brass Castle Lane.

We loved it, it’s a great walk we’ve done many times but it felt very different today.  There were lots of people out, unusually so but it felt like everybody knew the score keeping a fair distance apart when we crossed. Lots of smiles and a few hello’s but no stopping to chat.

I wonder how much longer we’ll be able to do this for?




247

No comments:

Post a Comment