Translate

Wednesday 16 August 2017

Day 6 - Bramble Picking and back over to Carlton via The Transporter

We've had another busy day.  I don't know about Shamila but I'm starting to flag a bit.

We planned to pick some brambles from my secret stash over the border (found Monday).  Travelling from north of the river it seemed a good idea to drive to Port Clarence and take an as the crow flies short cut over the Transporter.  

What's not to love about The Transporter  (Wikipedia hyperlink for non locals)?  Still a working bridge and all that blah, blah blah.  I hadn't been travelled on the gondola for over 20 years and Shamila hadn't been over since she was a kid.  I didn't tell her my plan until the last minute and it earned loads of brownie points for such a simple trip.  Yes!!!!!


We picked our brambles (more of that on Facebook) from our secret supply before heading over to Lord Stones  to right the wrong of yesterday.  Here's a photo of me giving Shamila a pre-walk pep talk.


and it seemed to do the trick.  We worked back over and cracked it.  We're going to have another go at doing the complete walk next week.

Going to have a rest tomorrow.  Well, I might go to the gym.  Hope you don't lose any sleep with the excitement.

Here's another sixties number.  


No comments:

Post a Comment