Translate

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Election Blues

Most of my friends will be voting Labour but it pains me to say I won’t be joining them.  In no particular order here are 9 reasons why.

1.     Tony Blair and the Iraq war. If it had been under the Tories watch?

2.     Being selfish, Middlesbrough’s  continued deterioration as a town and place to live 1997-2010.  

3.     The madness of PFI’s under Labour’s watch 1997-2010.

4.     Gordon Brown shameful abolishing of the 10% tax rate band in 2007.   Trust me I’m a taxman.

5.     Labour not doing anything about Britain’s unbalanced economy and over-reliance on London and the South East of England 1997-2010.

6.     Labour’s contribution to Scottish devolution 1997-2010.  Taking Scottish Labour voters taken for granted for too long.  Good luck to the them at their next referendum. If the North East of England was part of Scotland I’d be voting with them.

7.     Labour’s part in maintaining the first past the post electoral system (fat lot of good that’s going to do them tomorrow).

8.     Labour playing party politics by not supporting a motion re House of Lords reform during current parliament.

9.     Just not enough different.  Some proposed tinkering (mansion tax/non-dom’s/windfall tax on power companies/slight reduction in student tuition fees but still Tory lite for me.

Needless to say there are a thousand reasons why I won’t be voting Conservative and although I think history may not be so unkind to Clegg and co they will always be collaborators to me.  I’m not even sure who else is running in my constituency to be honest.

I really don't want to be represented by a Conservative MP again (nightmare memories of Tim Devlin circa early eighties) but none of the above will be getting my vote around 7.30 am tomorrow morning.

Prediction?  Not sure how Miliband and co think they can win the election without Scottish Nationalist support?  Get ready for a re-run later in the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment