Translate

Saturday 4 January 2014

Penultimate Day Off Work

It's been a bit of a We Are The Boro day, well at least until I read the football score, Boro 0 - Hull City 2.  Who cares, for now at least.

Mike and Lore did the  Albert Park 5K run this morning.  My only regret is that I didn't join them.  I would have loved watching them anyway but it was all the more satisfying because both of them did really well running great times.  Lore now lives in Sheffield but is from Brussels, she seemed to really enjoy the run and that gave me a bit of a buzz on behalf of Middlesbrough.

Gary has been doing the run for sometime and has suggested that I might like it and he's right.  I haven't ran 5000 metres since I did The Great North Run in 1981 and although there are logistical reasons why I won't be able to do it regularly I've got to have a go soon.  It is just a fantastic "feel good" community event. Just download your bar code, print it off and off you go. 

After the run we went out for a late breakfast.  They tucked into full English but I just had a coffee as I still had to go to the gym.  Jeez my swim today was depressing after that.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment