Translate

Wednesday 25 December 2013

Do you remember that advert on the television back in the day?  I'm totally relying on your memory here because I can't find a link but it was about an old fellar coming home from a horse show or something, having had a great day.   Everybody else went to bed and he fell asleep smoking a cigarette and it dropped out of his hand and set the house on fire.  Not sure what it was trying to say.  Was it don't smoke or don't leave old people on there own downstairs or was it just don't grow old and become a menace?

I don't smoke so I needn't worry but I have had a pretty good day.  I took Sham to her parents, spent an hour or so with them and came home.

I cooked my Christmas lunch

First course - Mussels in white wine sauce
Second course - Fillet steak/peppercorn sauce, chips, mushrooms. veg.
Pudding - Strawberry trifle (M&S, sorry Morrison's)

Washed down with a bottle of Rioja I got off  Shamila's brother for Christmas.  I already had a bottle of wine set up but I didn't want to insult Sudge.

Finally coffee and whisky and I'm now on the Budweiser (from Berwick Hills Morrison's).

It was a splendid Christmas lunch.  Cheers.

As ever there I had a plan and this year is was download the Daytrotter top 300 of 2013, put it on my iPod and tune in.  In fairness according to iTunes it is 19 hours and 30 minutes but there is enough great stuff to justify listening to it all. 

So as Steve McLaren said after we got beat 7 nil by Arsenal in 2006 (not quoted in the BBC report) "we move on".   It's going to be a long night.

How great were those times?

No comments:

Post a Comment