Translate

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Where Have The Last 2 Weeks Gone?

My life continues to pass me by and my promised posts have failed to materialise yet again. 

Got a bit of free time tomorrow night so I'm going to try and sum up what I've been up to since I last posted,

You'll be surprised to hear that I'm far from happy at work again.  Our Lord Jesus Chris must have put me on this earth to do something more fulfilling than work in the tax office, currently for 32 hours a week, for the last 31 years and counting.  People complain a lot about their job at work (though not I) but frankly I'm just more embarrassed and it's got me thinking.  Years ago (about 30) I didn't like to admit where I worked so when strangers used to ask me where I worked, I just lied.  I might start doing it again.  That doesn't make me a bad person does it?

At least we have the Internet at work now and I generally have a browse through the newspapers at lunch-time.   Today I was happily reading about David Beckham going bald and  Rooney's hair transplant turning grey when a colleague looked over my shoulder gently mocked my choice of reading material asking if that was the most important thing going on in the world. 

That was me told.....  Apart from,  they're actually pretty relevant to me.

Sure Beckham and Rooney have their millions and I may be about 10 years older than Beckham and 15 years older than Rooney but I played football tonight and they're going grey and bald just like me!  

1 comment:

  1. "I didn't like to admit where I worked so when strangers used to ask me where I worked, I just lied"

    I bet the Boro players do this as well Geoff.
    I would'nt admit to playing for that team either.

    ReplyDelete