Translate

Sunday 24 March 2013

For some reason as long as I can remember I've found Sunday nights (school or work the following day) to be even more of a drag than the Monday morning.  You would think that means work always turns out to be better than I thought it would.  Sadly, it's seldom true.  Oh well, just thought I'd share that!

God, I was hung over this morning.  6 pints of strong European lager at The Mink Tattoo Coffee Bar took their toll with my fragile inner workings.  Still, I managed to avoid the temptation of having a tattoo done upstairs.  It wasn't actually an option last night but apparently it is if you go in during the day.

Louis Barabbas and the Bedlam Six (I count that as 7 but there were only 5 of them) describe their music as lyric driven dirt swing or rockabilly cabaret blues and I wouldn't argue with that other than to say there was a bit of Balkans eurovision stylee in there.

 
















Well worth the entry fee (free).  So after a bit of faffing I reverted to my old rules of supporting the band by buying a CD of them.  I haven't listened yet and I'm not expecting much but you never know.


A big bonus for me was a 2 set support slot by local bluegrass/country band, The Bluebuds. Views were mixed amongst the people I was with but I thought they were great. They even did a couple of Old Crow Medicine Show covers. They're up there with the best of the local bands and the song below is well worth a try.


Me and Gary made embryonic plans to go to Stockton Calling next Saturday but we both had separate second thoughts this morning.  I'll make a late pitch inspection later in the week before making my final decision.

So the morning after the night before?  Shamila and I were supposed to go walking but jeez!  I know I'm starting to sound like one of those old fellars that just go on about the weather all the time but it was just too bloody cold!

Cheers




No comments:

Post a Comment