Translate

Monday 16 February 2009

Enough really is enough. In an attempt to force my lazy arse into action I pledge 50 posts before the end of March.

Apologies for not replying to comments recieved. My brain has been pretty much in blog denial for most of the year. No doubt there is a way to tell Blogger to tell me when somebody has posted a reply to one of posts but I haven't yet managed to work it out; thus me only just finding out.

This one tickled me from Braz. Before checking out the youtube I initially wondered and maybe hoped it might be Terry Tranz from our old Teessider days ("signing on the dole 1,2,3,4 etc....."). Of course it isn't and given Lawrence's purported political leanings I'm glad it isn't.

The funny thing is his is the second time this Lawrence character has been brought to my attention in the last couple of weeks. I was talking to a Doncaster Rovers fan who told me about this cross-dresser from Hartlepool who goes to all the Hartlepool footy matches, sits with the away supporters and always supports their team!

Sounds unlikey? Apparently, it's true! Here's an 11 page thread from the Hartlepool forum about him if anybody's interested.

59 years old? It couldn't be Terry Tranz could it?

3 comments:

  1. I thought of Terry Tranz as well. On match days Lawrence hangs flags of the away team outside his flat. Oh, and swastika's...I saw him outside Greggs once. Not a pretty sight. More Bernard Breslaw than Dana International.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leeds played Hartlepool in a pre-season friendly a couple of years ago and Laurence was stood at the entrance closest to the away end. I've been going to see Leeds for over 38 years, but can't remember seeing Leeds fans so scared.
    Top Man (or should that be girl) - not sure what our friend will make of the 'Ballack' shirt though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. as we're on a mental health theme here, can I give you Middlesbrough's finest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7NLBt4usy0&feature=related

    ReplyDelete