Translate

Thursday 1 January 2015

Happy New Year

How many times to we say Happy New Year?  When is it ok to start?  30/12? 31/12, 1/1.  When is the latest you can wish somebody HNY (seems to be the latest thing to abbreviate)?  1/1? 2/1? 3/1?  The first time you see somebody in the new year?  What if you don't see or speak to somebody until March? Should you/is it still ok to wish them Happy New Year?  Think I might go with first time I see/speak up to end of January so no offence if I don't see you until April and I don't wish you HNY.

In the interests of full disclosure I confess I didn't avoid Hootenanny completely, I saw about 2 minutes (11.57 to approx 11.59).  We broke off from our Homeland  series 4 cramathon (not bad) to consciously see the New Year in.  We tried Beeb 2 where Queen appeared to be doing a Karaoke with singers from the audience (they must be really pissed off with Freddie Mercury for dying before they made any money).  It was horrific and in a moment of madness we thought 5 minutes of Hootenanny would be tolerable.  Needless to say it wasn't so we switched back to the Queen Karaoke/Fireworks until about 12.02 before returning to Homeland.  Finally went to bed about 1.30.  

The 2 minutes of Hootenanny was as horrific as TV gets and in a way I'm glad I caught it as a reminder to avoid it again next year.

So NY negotiated, resolutions announced.  Better go and prepare for my 9th birthday party tomorrow.

Cheers

Btw - 9 views yesterday.  Not sure where they came from but it looks like I might be back in business, whatever that is.  Don't worry I'm guaranteed to fuck it up again.

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year Geoff from Kenny and Jeanette

    ReplyDelete