Translate

Sunday 29 December 2019

Rewind to1979

2019 has been a fine year for music, probably my best since the mythical 1979.  Quite neat mathematically (40 years) not to mention politically.  Thatcher came to power in 1979 and de Pfeffel in 2019. Jeez - not a nice thought

How great would it have been if I'd made a list of my favourite songs from 1979?  Especially if I still had the school exercise book I'd written it out in.  

Of course I did and it's only bloody turned up.  I can't imagine how much time this took me to compile but I clearly had too much time on my hands back in the day and definitely didn't have a girlfriend.  In fairness I could definitely pick a better list now but it is what it is. I seem to remember doing a C90 of (think) the Top 25 which I played joyfully to my friends.  I was never less than committed

I'm trying to find something profound to say about it.  Fuck it, here it is and a Spotify playlist give or take.






No comments:

Post a Comment