Translate

Sunday 13 October 2019

Sh...........

What can I say?  That was quite a break but I'm back and I'm going to have little trial "writing stuff up" on my blog as part of a making better use of my "Twitter time".  I estimate (very roughly) I've been spending about 2 hours a day on Twitter (and increasing), most of which is non-productive.  I always start with the idea of picking up my latest news but then invariably meander into the comments which then leads to all the bickering/arguments/insults.  Anybody on Twitter (and if you don't fall into this trap you're a better man/woman than I) must know what I'm on about. It just brings the worst out in people including me to be honest.  I don't argue/bicker/throw insults but I'm sometimes only half a click away from doing so.   

Anyway, I've deleted the App from my phone and am going to delete it from my computers once my current conversations are over and I'm off Twitter until the end of the month.

So, 2019 eh?  Actually nearly 2020.  Jeez...  and nearly 14 years blogging!  Ha ha, hardly!  I hear anybody who's followed any of this drivel before.  Apart from the odd sojourn I haven't posted regularly for years but feel free to trawl through the archives on Blogger and Live Journal.   

I rarely look back myself.  The personal bits (from memory lots of it) just make me sad. I was relatively youthful and full of energy when I started blogging and precious people I talked about are now no longer with us.   That said, on the 3rd January 2006 as part of my new year's resolution I said, 

"Firstly, I thought I'd have a go at this journal thing. I don't think I'm a brilliant writer or anything but I do have interests, theories and opinions on plenty of subjects so I might as well write them down. If nothing else it will act as a record of my thoughts until I grow tired or become too lazy to fill it in."

So here I am in 2019 obviously older.
Wiser? - maybe.  
Have I still got interest, theories, opinions about everything?  - yep.  
Is it worth writing down?  I think it is.  
Can I be bothered?  Let's have a go and see, at least for a short while.  I can always pad it out with a few photos.

Laters




No comments:

Post a Comment