Translate

Saturday 2 January 2016

Boro 2 - Derby 0

Long suffering followers of my Goffa blogs will know all about my torment as a Boro supporter.  I don't always go and to be truthful in recent seasons I have missed many more home games than I have attended.  But my absences and silence is more to do with not being able to take the pain above anything else.

Other football supporters judge my unwillingness to join in the tribal hatred of other local clubs, Newcastle, Sunderland and Leeds as not caring enough about the Boro.  Of course I am not part of that tribe but it is more because in my world there are no other football teams worthy of  me having an opinion.  I am indifferent to them all.  We are simply The Boro.

So although I know it will end in (my) tears (hopefully later rather than sooner) I've renewed my season ticket after an absence which has been too long.

Brief Match Report

At 80 minutes with the score at 0-0 the announcer read out todays crowd, an impressive 32870 to warm applause (not from me, I was concentrating on the match).  The Derby supporters taunted Boro with the chant "you've only come to see The Derby".

By 85 minutes it was Boro 2 Derby 0 and I joined in the Boro fans reply "you've only come to see The Boro".  A taunt?  Not from me.  Why wouldn't they come to see us because we are The Boro.

By the way we are also top of the league!




1 comment: