Translate

Saturday 17 March 2012

Guilty Pleasures

So what's the word?

Went on a great walk today.  For the third week running we went up the hills of the North York Moors.  Not sure there's anything much better, circa March 2012, once you get to the top anyway. Boro got beat
3-0.  Hey ho, as long as Chris makes it home safely and Shamila and I played the lottery (desperate measure for desperate times)..

But on the upside I'm off work next week.  I told them I might go in the back end of the week  (yeah righto as if....).  All in all feeling I'm feeling pretty irie.

Although  Face**** continues to irritate me .  If only it wasn't so interesting and informative.  Of course I jest and Rikki Doolan's announcement that he's packing in The Sessions (last one next Thursday) and Bandstand will reduce it's relevance to me further.  Hardly a guilty pleasure but I tune in everyday nonetheless.

It did get me thinking about guilty pleasures as a concept though.  Over the last few weeks friends and associates have revealed on FB their love for songs by the likes E.L.O., 10CC, Marillion, Yes, Led Zeppelin to name but a few.  I'm assuming they are revealing their guilty pleasures.  Even so, you'd have thought punk never happened.  I'm just waiting for somebody tell me that Status Quo were actually not too bad really.

So.............. if they are their guilty pleasures what are mine?

If it's ok to admit liking the above I certainly feel no shame in admitting my fondness of The Big Bang Theory on E4 or for my following the 35 year old re-runs of Top of the Pops on BBC4 (where watch the likes of E.L.O, Marillion, Yes, Led Zep and the Quo).

So until I get sick I present my guilty pleasures and to kick it all off I did have something else in mind but I did always had a soft spot of his one.


No comments:

Post a Comment